New textures

New textures January 6th, 2014, 10:00 pm by Mike
I found an artist that currently is working on improving all the textures of the game. Here is a first taste of how it used to look compared to how it will look:
Click for full HD glory and switch inbetween a couple of times to see the improvement.

The new textures are 256x256 per block instead of 128x128 (which increases the download with 10mb, so I'll make it an optional download).

Kind regards,
Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Re: New textures January 9th, 2014, 12:59 am by Mike
I just added 16 of the new textures and will keep on adding them as the artist completes them. The textures will improve even more in quality once they are all completed. The old textures were of such bad quality that I cannot turn on all the nice effects until they all are switched out.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Re: New textures January 13th, 2014, 12:53 pm by Mike
The last of the new textures are coming tonight. There might be a few minor changes still down the line, but at least it will be a big improvement of how it looked like before. Once I spent some more time on the game it is very possible that other textures will also be improved, like the wheat, characters and machines.

I'll post a picture of the materials once it is uploaded.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Re: New textures January 14th, 2014, 10:34 am by Mike
I just finished uploading the higher quality textures. Here is a picture of what they look like.

Click for a bigger picture

There are still textures to be improved like the shop, shopkeeper, grain and the machines, but that will come at a later time.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Return to General