Walking & Collision

Walking & Collision December 26th, 2013, 12:33 pm by joaogl
Hello again :D
There is something with the walking and Collision that might not be a bug but its wierd... First why dont all the PC's have the same collision? I mean.. I can not go through certain blocks if I change computer I can... Second and last why the speed isnt always the same? sometimes I'm trying to run and the game acts like if I was near a wall which means walks slowly and feels like we are stuck, and sometimes its everything perfect..
Thanks,
Joaogl.
joaogl

Re: Walking & Collision December 26th, 2013, 1:16 pm by joaogl
Btw. I've been doing some tests.
Ive like three running speeds:
Normal - 3 blocks per second.
Slow - 1 block per second.
Very slow - I havent measured.

The FPS, I thought there was a connection but a few moments ago I was running at very slow speed with 130 FPS...

Video:
http://joaolourenco.net/Speed.mp4

In the video u see the speed changes without me lifting the fingir of the keyboard...
Thanks,
Joaogl.
joaogl

Re: Walking & Collision December 26th, 2013, 11:30 pm by Mike
The collision issue is something I am aware about and have on the known issues list. I will look at the movie later, I have family over from before Christmas till after new years.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Walking & Collision January 22nd, 2014, 6:23 pm by Mike
The walking speed issue is solved as well as part of the collision issues :) I'll do a rewrite of a big part of the collision system somewhere down the line as there are a couple of limitations in the current system.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Return to Bugs