2 bugs and two suggestions

2 bugs and two suggestions January 9th, 2015, 9:50 am by joaogl
Hi!

So first of all, I don't know if it was a bug or not but I'll presume it wasn't, this moring when I loggedin my account had been reseted... not sure why...

now BUGS!

one:
http://joaolourenco.net/stateofbugs:)/Bug3.png
I think u can understand... I just managed to get a normal block inside a soil block...
To reproduce this bug u just have to put the soil and when u face the block a bit highter and place the second block it allows u to place it...

two:
http://joaolourenco.net/stateofbugs:)/Bug4.png

I can't really see on the pic but I'll explain it. By double clicking the E button when the menu closes, the mouse is not grabbed by the game and the item tool bar isn't rendered...

Suggestions:
on:
If we are on any menu like inventory or map, by clicking the ESC key we should be able to exit that menu instead of going into the game settings. Like in the majority of the games...

two:
The ferns or whatever those little things are all around us are very strage when they appear... they should have a render system more like trees, because right now, when we are walking it looks like they are growing around us...

Bye!
Joao Lourenco.
Thanks,
Joaogl.
joaogl

Re: 2 bugs and two suggestions January 9th, 2015, 11:59 am by Mike
Bug 1 is on my list, but it's not very high on the list as it's not very critical :)

Bug 2 isn't a bug seeing as the chat window is still open. If there still is a window open when a window is closed the mouse isn't grabbed anymore, just click anywhere to grab it.

Suggestion 1 That makes sense, I'll fix that

Suggestion 2 Do you mean the "grass"? I really don't like the grass (which is why it's not turned on by default on any setting). I'll get something better looking somewhere down the line.

Thanks!
Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Re: 2 bugs and two suggestions January 9th, 2015, 3:11 pm by Mike
I thought about it and chat is special, so I'll change it so that one can still be open :)
Mike
Site Admin

Re: 2 bugs and two suggestions January 9th, 2015, 6:47 pm by joaogl
OK, glad I could help :D

and there is another thing that I think could be called a bug... In the past, we could start walking change the window and the player would keep moving for ever even if u release the keys... now thats fixed but the mouse is still updated if u change window...

thanks for the fast answer.
Thanks,
Joaogl.
joaogl

Re: 2 bugs and two suggestions January 9th, 2015, 7:02 pm by joaogl
Also the game keeps closing with no reason after a while... it doesnt crash it just closes...
Thanks,
Joaogl.
joaogl

Re: 2 bugs and two suggestions January 10th, 2015, 12:43 am by Mike
joaogl wrote:and there is another thing that I think could be called a bug... In the past, we could start walking change the window and the player would keep moving for ever even if u release the keys... now thats fixed but the mouse is still updated if u change window...

You can auto walk using "End" and always run using "Home". If you use that in combination with first opening a window, like the map, you can still walk forever without being in game (opening a window doesn't stop the movement anymore).

joaogl wrote:Also the game keeps closing with no reason after a while... it doesnt crash it just closes...

I noticed the same on two computers, there isn't any log and I didn't figure out why.

The missus is trying the game out today and came with some nice ideas and a few additional issues with ATI cards. Once I'm finished with getting the game stable again I can start adding new things.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Return to Bugs