Survival

Survival January 10th, 2014, 5:25 am by James
Hello! This is a nice project you have here. I am a long time player of Wurm online and this game feels a lot like that. Wurm is mostly about grinding, I would love it if this game focused more on survival.

My suggestion at this point in the development would be to add a needs bar (food, thirst, fatigue, health). First though we would need a way to eat, drink, sleep.

Eating: Food already exist in the game so we could eat that. Also add the ability to forage for food. Example of how it may work: Look down at the ground > Press forage button > Find berries. When food is ate it should fill the hunger bar. Eventually adding the feature that some food fills more than others.

Drinking: This should be obvious, Walk up to body of water > Press drink button > Thirst bar fills. Eventually adding containers to carry water around.

Sleeping: Create a bed > Press sleep button > Screen goes dark for a bit > Fatigue and health bar should fill.

This in my opinion would be a good start to making this game focused on survival.
James

Re: Survival January 11th, 2014, 10:13 pm by Mike
Hi James and welcome to the forum!

That sounds a lot like a certain game called Minecraft, possibly combined with Sims :)

While I would like to integrate different game modes like going into caves to fight or so, that would have to be when everything else is finished, as I'm focusing on the other aspects of the game at the moment.

Kind regards,
Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Survival January 12th, 2014, 10:35 am by James
Its definitely not a unique suggestion but a start at focusing the game towards survival. I like what you have listed so far in the future plans thread. Excited to test the new features, good luck to you!
James

Return to Suggestions